Monday, December 20, 2010

I Heart Faces | Fix it Friday #81

A busy weekend with friends and family = late getting this week's Fix-It finished, and entered! What a gorgeous couple, aka: Arden Prucha (Photography), and her husband! This one was captured by Michelle Johnson during the recent Dream Big Photography Workshop, and I love it, so I just had to get it edited and entered, even though it's late on Sunday ... or should I say, in the wee hours of Monday morning!

I thoroughly enjoyed working on this image, so, for a quick rundown on the procedures ... using PSE7, for the first edit, I cropped it to bring them in closer, flipped it horizontally, adjusted levels, contrast, brightened his eyes, and sharpened it up a bit, working a little more with color curves, hue, and saturation, then added a diffuse glow, to soften it up.  On the second edit, I used the first one, and added a texture, masking it off of their faces, and her hand. I also toned down that zipper on his jacket, as well.  On the third edit, I again, used the first one, converted it to b/w, added a gradient fill, and a tint black layer playing with opacity till I was satisfied, then toned down that zipper again ... I thought this one had an air of mystery about it.  Let me know your thoughts on these, or if you have a favorite!  Now, I'm headed out to see some of the others, as well, and if you, too, would like to see more edits of this gorgeous couple, just click on the I Heart Faces logo, below!


 Original SOOC By Michelle Johnson



 First Edit



 Second Edit



Third Edit


7 comments:

  1. I love how you flipped it. I think you are the only one so far to think of doing this! My favorite is the second one. Texture is so fun to play around with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative to make an original edit! I love your second edit with the texture - classic meets grunge meets contemporary. :)

    You had mentioned, when you commented on my edit, that you are using pse7. There really isn't much of a difference (between 7 and 8) that I can tell. It still gets the job done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite edit is the second -- but I love that you flipped the photo! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your second edit... it's amazing what flipping the image does. the burnt/torn edge is a nice effect on the dreamy quality of the photo. (and from reading your comments, I think the second edit wins :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with them. I also love your black background on your blog. It makes everything pop so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are nice edits. I always love black and white's! That's my personal Fav!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo I love the second edit the most :) Great job! Thanks for stopping by my blog too!

    ReplyDelete

Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything. - Aaron Siskind

Please do leave a comment to let me know you were here, and I'll stop in and say hi at your place, as well! I know how precious time is these days, and I really do appreciate your visit! xoxo