Friday, May 27, 2011

Photo Challenge | Before & After - Texture Thursday

It's been a little while since I've posted, and I sure have missed it!  We've had a lot going on here, not to mention storm after storm that has blown through.  Wednesday was one day I'd not want to repeat any time soon, or ever!  I've been off more than on the computer these days because of the constant warnings.  Lightning and computers do not go together, but thankfully, we've had nothing as serious as other parts of the country.  So much devastation, and loss for so many ... they all continue to be in our thoughts and prayers!

Well, needless to say, I've missed a few of these photo challenges.  I've wanted to get back here to share some before & afters, and some textured images with you, so I thought I'd do both today.  I enjoy browsing through antique malls, and when I came upon a booth full old cameras, I couldn't help but stop to look over a few of them and snap a couple of quick shots for old-time memory's sake!  Here is one of the images I took but as you can see, it's not very appealing when it comes to composition, or lighting.  It was a bit dark and shadowed in the area where these were, so I had before me the challenge of giving this image some much needed character ... oh, but I do love an editing challenge!  First, I straightened and cropped it up a bit then went to work on fading out the color, adjusted contrast, and lighting, then finally added the texture layer to give it an even more 'weathered' look ... reminds me of something you'd find in an attic!  To add your own creations, or to see more 'Before and After' and 'Texture Thursday' images, just click on the links below.  Hope you all enjoy a blessed weekend!



Before ... SOOC





After ... Vintage Cameras Textured







The Daily Wyatt

7 comments:

  1. The texture is so perfect for this shot. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm....love, love! the texture is perfect! i collect vintage cameras. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's lovely! nice use of the texture :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vintage cameras...and texture work. Great shot.

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic edit! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all! It's a blessing having you stop by and leave a comment .... it's so encouraging! :)

    ReplyDelete

Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything. - Aaron Siskind

Please do leave a comment to let me know you were here, and I'll stop in and say hi at your place, as well! I know how precious time is these days, and I really do appreciate your visit! xoxo