Saturday, May 14, 2011

Photo Challenges and finally ... Spring!

It's been a good day ... this Friday.  Busy indoors with housecleaning, laundry, dinner ... but the best part was spending the afternoon out in the sunshine with my dear sweet husband who first of all, blessed me by bringing home one of those yummy mocha coconut frappaccinos from Starbuck's after work!  If you don't know yet, it's what they call "happy hour" from 3:00 to 5:00 every day from now until the 15th ... hallelujah, they're half price!  You only have until Sunday, so you had better get there quick!  Honestly, I've never had one, that is until a friend introduced me this last week.  Thank goodness it was for the happy hour discount ... at the regular price they're as much as a gallon of gasoline these days!  After enjoying every last little drop of what may be my last one for awhile, and looking through some scrumptious gardening magazines, I got that coffee-kick giving me extra energy to plant some lavender with my hubby.  He's good at gardening ... at least someone in the family is!  He's taught me a lot, and ever since, I've enjoyed getting out there and getting my hands dirty ... especially when there's lavender around! :)
 



It was inevitable ...
winter has finally given way to spring's arrival ...
warm sunshine, blue skies, gentle breeze, flowers, birds,
the smell of fresh cut grass, bees 'a buzzin',
backyard barbeques, and yes, dirt ...
it's the promise of growth, and new life ... 
oh, how I love Spring ...





... and did I mention lavender?




... oh, and yes the sunflowers ...
mustn't forget about the sunflowers!

{another little 'gift' from my darlin' husband!}





And finally ... I'm entering a couple of photo challenges with the following images over at 'Before and After', as well as, 'Black and White Wednesday' ... this is my great niece (what you can see of her, that is), and my two, oh-so-cute, great nephews!  They all live out of state, and it's such a joy being with them when they're able to be here!  To see more, black and white, and before-and-after images, or to add your own, click on the buttons below. 

Hope you're able to get out and enjoy the weekend ... we're hoping this one won't be a total wash-out with all the rain we've been getting.  Today was exceptional, and we hope we get more sun tomorrow to completely dry things out around here.  We'd also like to browse some of the early spring garage sales and stop at a couple of farmer's markets.  There's a new one this year with lots of organic produce, honey, homemade soap, and flowers ... lots of flowers! :)



- sooc -


  


 - Canon 30D - Lens 24-70mm f/2.8 -
I warmed it up just a bit ...
hmmm, maybe just a bit too much,
but, you'll have to forgive me, I'm finding my way around Lightroom 3.
It's been a bit confusing since I've only used Photoshop Elements.
If anyone knows of any good tutorials for LR3, do let me know!

I also converted this image to b/w. 
I love how it brightened up the boy's faces here.
Be sure to check out the other entries ...
the link buttons are below.
Enjoy the sunshine, and have a blessed weekend.









the long road

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Starbucks! I am not a fan of their coffee but I do love their red velvet cupcakes. Our local Starbucks here in Italy doesn't have them and I've been craving them for a while now. :( Great spring photos. I actually like the edited warm version of your niece. :) Recommendation for LR3 users? I have one listed here: http://www.miracrisp.com/2011/05/10-books-every-photographer-should-have.html

    Have a great day!
    Mira

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work! Your before and afters are just great!
    Have a great day...
    Glad to be following you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, love all of the photos! aren't you so glad spring is finally here? :) now, if we could just get the sun to stay out a few days in a row...that would be great!! :D i love the farmer's markets and garage sales as well..

    many blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything. - Aaron Siskind

Please do leave a comment to let me know you were here, and I'll stop in and say hi at your place, as well! I know how precious time is these days, and I really do appreciate your visit! xoxo