Monday, May 9, 2011

Photo Challenge | Motherhood

Another photo challenge from I Heart Faces!  This week, in honor of Mother's Day, and motherhood!  Hope you all had a blessed day appreciating the wonderful moms in your life! Click HERE to take you over to see more images that will touch your heart at ......


Well, it's been awhile since I've been pregnant, or had a little one to hold, snuggled close to my heart ... I so miss those days of the pitter-patter of tiny feet, squeals of delight, peanut butter and jelly kisses, games of peek-a-boo, toys scattered all around, and their simple childhood wonder of it all!  No, there's nothing like God's gift of motherhood, but alas, time moves forward ... one day they're babies, so dependent on us for their every need, then before you know it, they're grown and out in this great big world, living on their own.  We're left with only the memories of those innocent younger years, forever etched so deeply into our hearts and minds.  Tears come, when I look at photos of my son when he was little ... no matter how hard I try, they just can't be stopped ... it is the heart of a mother, and I wouldn't dare change one thing!  I will say though, enjoy every moment with your little ones, for all too soon you'll find that those days have passed and moved on into your memories of yesterday.

The photo I chose to enter is one that touches a special place in my heart, bringing back memories of my own little one .... again!  It is of my dear sister-in-law and her precious grand daughter, aka: my great niece, Little Rylie.  Here they were, bathed in the late afternoon sun, enjoying a tender moment on the backyard swing ... another memory born.  My son is married now ... recently I might add, and I'm looking forward to the future when I'll be making memories on a sun drenched day in that backyard swing with my grandchildren!

Slow down, make a memory, and have a blessed day!





16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous image! I love grandmothers with their grandkids! I look forward to my mom one day being a grandma- I know she will be great.. Love this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful shot, editing, and gradma + grandaughter! captured me right away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This picture is so beautiful and I really love that you captured this special moment between grandma and her granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful! the light, the expressions, everything! :)

    -Annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great capture of the moment! Great bw processing too. I entered the challenge too!

    http://kimberose.blogspot.com/2011/05/day-122-party-photography.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I teared up looking at that. Reminds me of a beautiful photo I have of my son and my mother:) Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this! and i love the black and white, its timeless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice capture of a tender moment! Lighting, timing and processing are perfect for this shot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the photo!!The days of having little kids definitely goes way to fast...I think often about how much I miss those days. Grandbabies will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the photo! The days with of having little kids definitely goes way to fast! Miss so many things about those days. Grandbabies will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything. - Aaron Siskind

Please do leave a comment to let me know you were here, and I'll stop in and say hi at your place, as well! I know how precious time is these days, and I really do appreciate your visit! xoxo