Thursday, April 29, 2010

The earth smiles in flowers ......

...... yes, indeed it does! I believe it was Ralph Waldo Emerson who once said that the "earth laughs in flowers", well, I used the word 'smiles' here in my title, because that's what they make me do! Infusing scent, color, and joy, into our lives, flowers are one of the most glorious creations that God has graced the earth with! A week and a half ago. my husband, and I, visited the flower gardens at the Indianapolis Museum of Art.  We've not been there in awhile, and we noticed there had been a few improvements made ... all quite nice, I might add. It was such a beautiful day to spend with all those flowers ... I hope to post more soon, but, for now, here is a snippet of what we found ....






Tis my faith that every flower
Enjoys the air it breathes!
~William Wordsworth~






Give me odorous at sunrise
a garden of beautiful flowers
where I can walk undisturbed.
~Walt Whitman~






"The flowers appear on the earth;
The time of the singing [of birds] is come,
And the voice of the turtle-dove is heard in our land;"
{Solomon 2:12}

1 comment:

Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything. - Aaron Siskind

Please do leave a comment to let me know you were here, and I'll stop in and say hi at your place, as well! I know how precious time is these days, and I really do appreciate your visit! xoxo