Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fix It Friday #70 - Bows n' Braids

I'm loving Fix-It-Friday's over on the 'I Heart Faces' community page! Come join in ... it's a great way to improve your editing skills, and always fun to compare yours with the others who participate! This week's selection is of an adorable little blond haired girl, add big brown eyes, bows, and braids! For this 'fix', (hopefully, I got all my steps down correctly =\ ... first, I brightened her eyes a bit, adjusted the contrast, then converted it to black and white. I then added a 'coffee' colored layer, adjusted the brightness, and sharpness, finally adding a diffused glow filter over it, and this is the finished product. To view more edits of this 'cutie', head on over to I Heart Faces, scroll down, and click away! Thanks so much for dropping by this week! :)


 Original image ......




My Fix-It edit ......



3 comments:

  1. thanks for the feedback on my fix!! :)
    I think your edit is REALLY fantastic. The tones and contrast are perfect. As far as the hot spots, you could maybe tone it down just a tad...but only a tad. It's really not that bad with your edit! Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback on my fix, too (same as Leora said! lol) - yours is wonderful!!! I so love doing these! I'll have to start following your blog! Thanks again!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok~it wouldn't let me follow, but if it would, I would!

    ReplyDelete

Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything. - Aaron Siskind

Please do leave a comment to let me know you were here, and I'll stop in and say hi at your place, as well! I know how precious time is these days, and I really do appreciate your visit! xoxo