Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fix-It-Friday #71 - Too Much Time with a Truck and Textures!

Yep, another edition of Fix-It-Friday is happening now, over on I Heart Faces, and this weeks photo is brought to you by our very own Angie Arthur ... this image being from a senior session. I have to say that Angie did an excellent job on this one ... the composition is fabulous!  Other than bringing color back into the sky, there wasn't much to do on improving it, so I just had fun trying out some different textures, which I got from Shadow House Creations.  (You can go absolutely crazy over there, downloading ones you like ... not to mention all the time you can spend just playing around with them!)

Now, back to these edits ... as you'll see, I didn't have much to do tonight, so needless to say, I probably spent a bit too much time working up all 7 of these! I had to stop myself, or I would have had who knows how many!  Can anyone relate?! Lol!!  Anyway, it was a relaxed evening, and I had fun!  The first step to the original was to adjust color and contrast ... next step was to layer on one of those delicious textures, masking it off of some of the areas, and again working with the colors, contrast, and levels.  This is where I spent most of my time on each one.  I also added a vignette, finally converting one into a black and white image.

You could do so much with an edit.  The possibilities are endless!  I realize these instructions are not quite as detailed as most are, but, I'm still learning how to use all the features of PSE7, and I seriously got a bit lost working on all of these tonight!  I would love your opinions though, and if you have a favorite, do let me know! :)  Scroll down below, click the button to see other creative Fix-it-Friday edits!  I'm headed over that way, myself! I'm anxious to see what others have done with this! 

Hope you all have a blessed weekend ... the weather here is absolutely beautiful!
Blessings - Deborah



^ Original ^


 Fix #1


 Fix #2


 Fix #3


 Fix #4


 Fix #5


 Fix #6


Fix #7

Click the link below to I Heart Faces, and, see more Fix-It-Friday edits of this image. :)

11 comments:

  1. I love the addition of textures to this pic, great edits!
    Cheers
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the addition of the textures. Where did you get yours? It makes the picture take a totally different feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your edits! They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these, the use of the textures really adds to the photo and makes them stand out much more.

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love how the texture adds to the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for following my blog! Your work is absolutely amazing! Following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried following your blog but it wouldn't work. It may just be my error or something but I will try again soon! thanks for the comment on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the textures on your edits! They're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use shadowhouse textures all the time! They ARE really addictive. ;) You did a great job adding the sky back in for the first few edits.

    ReplyDelete

Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything. - Aaron Siskind

Please do leave a comment to let me know you were here, and I'll stop in and say hi at your place, as well! I know how precious time is these days, and I really do appreciate your visit! xoxo