Saturday, October 2, 2010

Fix it Friday #73

It's Fix-it-Friday, again ... and, I'm one day late! 
Check out more edits by clicking on this button:



Once there, be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page,
and click on any one, or more, of the links,
and if so inclined, join in with us ... it's great practice!

~~~~
This week's image comes from Keli Hoskins.
This adorable little girl had such a cute expression on her face,
and the prettiest eyes!
I enjoyed playing around with this, and, making a few changes to the original.
I used PSE7, which, I might add, I am still learning about.


. original .


On the first, edit, below, I adjusted the levels, contrast, and colors, changing those up a bit ...
layered it with a hint of green using the photo filter ...
notice the flip-flops are now green.
Then I brightened up her eyes to make them pop, and added a light vignette.


Fix #1


On the second edit below, I stripped it of color, overlayed it with a solid taupe color, 
adjusting the opacity, brightness, and contrast, darkening the upper left hand corner, 
finally, adding a little lens flair in the upper right hand corner, dialing the opacity back about half way.


Fix #2


On the third, and final, edit ... I did basically the same as what I did to #2, 
only adding a texture, then masking it off of her. 
I then adjusted the brightness, and contrast a bit more before adding a light vignette.  
Not too sure about this one. Would love your thoughts on these! 
I need to improve on explaining all of my steps! =\
Until next week ... Happy October!
Ciao'



Fix #3

2 comments:

  1. Great job!! Love #2 - really, really nice!!

    Awesome of you to tell how you did it! I need to, just too lazy. LOL

    Amanda from http://everydayelementsonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic. you make a good job.

    ReplyDelete

Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything. - Aaron Siskind

Please do leave a comment to let me know you were here, and I'll stop in and say hi at your place, as well! I know how precious time is these days, and I really do appreciate your visit! xoxo