Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Love Your Shot ... Favorite Faces

This week, over on Love That Shot, is a new contest with the theme of 'Your Favorite Faces'. There are some pretty amazing entries over there, all good enough to win this week's prize of a $100 gift card to Florabella's Actions and Textures! I certainly wouldn't want to be Angie or, Amy, the guest judges from I Heart Faces, trying to pick the winner of this one!!  Florabella is definitely one of my favorites when it comes to enhancing any image!

Here is my 'favorite face' photo for this theme ... my adorable niece, Rylie.  She's such a joy to be around, always brings a smile to my face, and so fun to capture with all her expressive moods. She also has the prettiest blond curls, and I love catching them in the natural sunlight. I extracted all color in this image, added a taupe layer, tweaked the brightness, and contrast, along with adding a slight diffused glow, to give her somewhat of a halo ... all serves to give it a soft and dreamy feel.  Currently my editing program is PSE7, but, I am hoping to upgrade soon.  You just have to head on over to Love That Shot, scroll down to the bottom of the page and check out all the fantastic faces ... just click on their button below!





3 comments:

  1. She's adorable! This photo reminds me of playing with my Grandma's jewelry when I was a little girl. She used to set her two jewelry boxes on the bed. My cousins and I would try on all the beads and rings and clip-on earrings, and then model in front of her big dresser mirror. It was such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful photo Debi! Michael Ray wondered up to the computer as I was viewing this and pointing to the picture said, "Ahhh..." I think that is a 13 month old's way of giving his approval. Precious shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to send a quick thanks for stopping by my blog last week. You have so much great info - like the site Love That Shot. Seems like a wealth of info over there as well. So happy to be a part of this great photo community!

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete

Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything. - Aaron Siskind

Please do leave a comment to let me know you were here, and I'll stop in and say hi at your place, as well! I know how precious time is these days, and I really do appreciate your visit! xoxo