Monday, November 1, 2010

Fix it Friday #76

I'm a few days late on this fix-er'-upper!  Ah, little boys and seashores, ya gotta love that combination! I loved this picture. Reminded me of my son when he was younger, minus the curly hair, that is!  I did a couple of edits on this one ... on the first edit, and using PSE7, I cropped out the shadow, got rid of the tag in his shirt, toned down the warmth and changed up the color, lightened and contrasted it a bit, and added a vignette.  On the second edit, I used the first edit, but stripped the color, lightened it up a bit more with contrast, and added two color layers to get this toned effect.  On the last two, I just added a texture to each of the edits I had originally done, with the exception of the one with color .. I added a yellow photo filter, and desaturated the color just a bit.

To see more "fix-it's" on this image, click on the logo below the images and head on over to I Heart Faces! Hope you all have a great week!




Original Image Fix-it-Friday #76









. First Edit .









. Second Edit .








. Texture on First Edit .








. Texture on Second Edit .







2 comments:

  1. This is great practice for editing! I love it! Great job on these! ~Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Texture on first edit has to be my fave here! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything. - Aaron Siskind

Please do leave a comment to let me know you were here, and I'll stop in and say hi at your place, as well! I know how precious time is these days, and I really do appreciate your visit! xoxo