I thought it could use just a bit of brightening up, so here are my fixes using PSE7 ... first one is the original SOOC image.
First edit ... B/W:
1. Adjusted contrast
2. Brightened her eyes
3. Converted to b/w
4. Added color layer #968781
5. Blending Change set to Soft Light
6. Opacity 100%, and flattened image
Second edit ...
1. Adjusted contrast and color levels
2. Brightened and added more color to her eyes
Third edit ... starting w/the second edit ...
1. Added texture layer from Shadow House Creations
2. Blending Change set to Soft Light
3. Opacity 100%
5. Maxed off of her face, and flattened image
The fourth, and final edit, I had to leave my 'post' to fix some dinner, and forgot to list some of the steps to share. After cropping, I experimented with some of the gradient layers, (still learning to work with those) and basically adjusted the color levels, with some added sharpening ... now, I do think, she looks like she has a bit of Irish in her!
![]() |
| sooc by susan keller |
![]() |
| second edit - b/w |
![]() |
| third edit - color |
![]() |
| fourth edit - color with texture |
![]() |
| fifth edit - Irish eyes are smilin' ... wonder if she is Irish! |







Wow! Great job! I love them ALL!
ReplyDeleteThe 3rd one is my favorite!! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat job...Loved looking at all your edits! Very pretty!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty!
ReplyDeletethey are all so pretty! i especially love the third ;)
ReplyDeletelove your new design on the blog too! looks lovely!
blessings deborah!
All gorgeous! 3rd one is my fave too, but they really are all very nice.
ReplyDeleteI love your BW edit. Im a sucker for BW but I feel like so many people just resort to it to fix an uninteresting image, and don't concentrate on the artistry of that conversion. I LOVE your conversion. Thanks for leaving me some blog love over at the lazy mom.
ReplyDelete