
Jump for joy ... it's Fix-it-Friday!!! This is a great image from our own I Heart Faces, Angie Arthur!
What a fun shot this must have been to capture! Here are my edits, but first the original from Angie .....
What a fun shot this must have been to capture! Here are my edits, but first the original from Angie .....
First Edit: {using PSE7}
Duplicated image - blending change/screen - opacity 78% - flattened -
Gradient map layer b/w - blending change/overlay - opacity 60% - flattened -
Lightened up shadows on face - color adjustment - vignette added.
Duplicated image - blending change/screen - opacity 78% - flattened -
Gradient map layer b/w - blending change/overlay - opacity 60% - flattened -
Lightened up shadows on face - color adjustment - vignette added.
Second Edit:
Levels adjustment/blue to first edit with output set at 55/198 -
added gradient fill layer/radial to brighten the upper left corner - flattened.
Levels adjustment/blue to first edit with output set at 55/198 -
added gradient fill layer/radial to brighten the upper left corner - flattened.
Third Edit:
Added texture layer {Shadowhouse Creations} to second edit -
masked it from his face and clothes - flattened.
*Fourth Edit:
Using my first edit - I cropped and flipped the image horizontally - added sun flair in upper right corner -
converted to b/w - adjusted contrast to lighten background.
Using my first edit - I cropped and flipped the image horizontally - added sun flair in upper right corner -
converted to b/w - adjusted contrast to lighten background.
Really kind of like how this last one came out ... what do you think?
I do have a question if anyone knows ...
when downloading the FIF images from Flickr, which size should we use ...
the large, or the original size?
Thanks! :)
Now, to see more edits, or to add yours, just click the iheartfaces logo at the top of this page ...
hope you all have a warm, and wonderful weekend!
Blessings ~
I do have a question if anyone knows ...
when downloading the FIF images from Flickr, which size should we use ...
the large, or the original size?
Thanks! :)
Now, to see more edits, or to add yours, just click the iheartfaces logo at the top of this page ...
hope you all have a warm, and wonderful weekend!
Blessings ~




I like all your edits , the last one is my favorite!
ReplyDeletemy favorite is the last! this one is great as a black and white. winter landscapes just do not lend themselves to great color...
ReplyDeletei do like the one with texture too. that one is really nice.
The last edit is so cool :)
ReplyDeleteHoly smokes you're so talented!! I love all of your edits, but the last one is exceptional to me. I love how he pops and the background just sorta fades. I also love that you focused only on him, and that you reversed his image. Well done!!
ReplyDeleteAs for your question about the size for the edit... I have been doing the large, but haven't ever tried to save the original and edit that. Maybe it would make a difference, I'll have to try it next week.
Keep up the great job! I think you're amazing! I hope I can figure out Photoshop someday (I've used it since November and have taught myself everything)!!
I'm loving #3 and #4. This image lends itself really well to some artistic messing with colors because, to me, it's almost cinematic, so #3 is fab. #4, LOVE the crop. I was having a similar idea myself about trying to suspend him in mid-air but you saw what I ended up with instead. Great job!
ReplyDeleteThese are great! I love what you did with the last one! Awesome!
ReplyDeleteI love what you did. The last one is AMAZING! Thanks so much for the reference of where you got the textures... I just got done downloading a bunch of those! They are great!
ReplyDeleteLove #2 and #4. #4 gives it an entirely new feel.
ReplyDeleteWhere do you find the inspiration? I struggle with these types of photos.
I've been admiring your photostream also. How I wish I had your talent. I have a Nikon, but it stays in automatic all the time. One of these days I plan to learn how to use it too!
this is a great picture deborah!
ReplyDeletei love the last one as well :)
blessings!