Using PSE7, I began by cropping the image, did some color and contrast adjustments ... then using the brush tool, I worked at smoothing out the shadows on her face, and that sweet knitted hat. I then added a gradient layer to mimic a sun flair ... finished it off with a texture layer from Shadow House Creations, giving it a vintage sort of feel. The second edit is the first one without the texture, which I converted to b/w, adjusted sharpness, and contrast, then added a different SHC texture giving it more of a coffee tone. I'm sorry about not having more detailed instructions, but I can say that it took quite a few steps to get these results, and I wish I'd had time to do a better job on these, but I'd still like to know what you think. In any event, I'm anxious to see how others did with this one, too! If you'd like to join me, just click on the logo below the images!
Have a blessed weekend!
. original image .




I like your color edit best. nice eye pop! fun flare too.
ReplyDeleteLOVE LOVE LOVE the black and white and that you brought in the sun flare :)
ReplyDeleteI really like both! But those eyes! What app are you using. Cleaning up the eyes was just as hard for me as getting rid of the shadows!
ReplyDeletewhat a cutie! i love the second one ;) lovely colors! i love the way canons capture light.
ReplyDeletestay safe with the ice/snow you all may be getting in indy! i think we are just getting a bunch of rain down here in cincinnati :/
have a blessed week!
arielle