Sunday, February 6, 2011

I Heart Faces | Fix-it-Friday #85

You have got to admit ... this little girl is an absolute doll!  I couldn't resist working on this image, taken by Julie Rivera, of her own daughter, even tho it's a bit past Friday.  Most images will probably be sharpened up more than the original, but I felt the edits of this one should stay in a softer focus.  The first one is the original image by Julie.  I played around a lot with these last night, and my recipes below are as close as I could get to what I did.  Would love your thoughts on these!

*To see more edits of this sweet little face, or to join in on Friday's fun, just click the button below! 
Have a warm and wonderful weekend!  We're expecting more snow here ... how's your weather? :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My first edit: (Using PSE7)
cropped . reduced noise . brightened her eyes . levels adjustment . duplicated layer .
screen blending change . sharpened a bit and flattened.

Second edit: (using the first edit)
sharpened a bit more . b/w conversion . color fill layer .
adjusted contrast/brightness . flattened . added a light vignette.

Third edit: (using the first edit)
added a 'pretty in pink' texture layer . soft light blending change . flattened

Fourth edit: (using the first edit)
added a yellow photo filter . adjusted levels .
added melon colored gradient layer at bottom of image for softening effect . added a light vignette.

First image is SOOC ... By Julie Rivera












4 comments:

  1. wonderful edits. i think i like the b&w/sepia conversion the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an adorable photo :) she is just so cute! i love all of them but especially #3 :D

    have a beautiful week deborah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous edits. LOVE LOVE LOVE the b/w. Do you use an action for that?

    Also, did you put the frames around the photos or is blogger doing that? I like the effect. If it's blogger, can you share how you got it to do that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome crop! Love the black and white version! Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete

Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything. - Aaron Siskind

Please do leave a comment to let me know you were here, and I'll stop in and say hi at your place, as well! I know how precious time is these days, and I really do appreciate your visit! xoxo