This, being my first entry, and since I haven't been out and about with my camera too much lately ... {one reason being the weather, and more importantly, my son recently got married, :) and our life has been quite full in the past couple of months} ... so, I've chosen to enter one I took on a very sunny, warm day this past fall, just before the 'winter to remember' began! This photo reminds me of the warmer days to come ... are you as ready as I am?! This is my great niece, Little Miss Rylie. She loves her purple 'pearls', and the sunshine. I really love to capture the innocence of childhood, and you'll probably be seeing a lot of this little girl!
As you can see the original 'sooc' image was a bit dark, and 'splotchy' ... it wasn't as sharp as I'd like it, either. I had just gotten a new lens ... 50mm f/1.8, which I was testing out on a Canon 30D, my current camera. It's been a little while since I edited this, but if my memory serves me correctly, using PSE7, I simply brightened up the image, adjusted the colors and contrast, got rid of the noise {something I still seem to have trouble with, but I'm working on it!} Once I saw this, I couldn't stop there, and went one step further ... I hope it's okay for this challenge, but, I really liked this image in b/w, so just today, I converted the first edit and added a 'mocha' layer to it, warming it up just a bit, and finally adjusting the contrast.
So, there you have it ... my first Before and After entry on Pixel Perfect. I'd so appreciate your thoughts on these. After a few years of 'practice', I am now working on getting my business off the ground this year. I'm open to any encouragement along with some kind, constructive criticism! :) I'm looking forward to meeting some new friends over at Pixel Perfect, and learning lots more about this passion of mine!
To join in, or to see more Before and After images, just click on the logo below the edits!
You all have a happy and blessed day! ~ Deborah




Adorable! Lovely capture...great edits! :) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your comment! :)
ReplyDeleteRachel-Wildflower Photography
beautiful colord edit - love the tones. welcome to the blog hop!
ReplyDeleteMy goodness..thanks for your kind words on my blog. I LOVE your edit on this photo. That second one is my favorite!!! Gorgeous!!!
ReplyDeleteI love both edits! But I really love the b&w, I'm a sucker!
ReplyDeleteWow Wow Wow! I love this photo even SOOC but the Edits are stunning!
ReplyDeleteOoohoooh, I love the gold sun kissed look of that first edit :)
ReplyDeleteI love the contrast of the b&w, but the color is gorgeous too. I can't pick! Both beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI too just got a 50 ml f1.8 lens, and it's my favorite right now. It's what I used on my selfie. The noise thing is something I have a bit of time with, as well. I don't use any kind of noiseware or anything, just the noise reduction of PS Elements. I hope it makes a difference, although I don't notice too much. I've found that Canon doesn't have a lot of noise inherently; it's one of the features I like about it. Nothing to worry about, eh?
Great job! I look forward to seeing more of your photos and edits. :D
Wow...both edits look great! The b&w makes the little girl look like an angel with a halo of golden hair. :) Great job!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photo! Love both edits!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by and encouraging me with your kind words. =)
ReplyDeleteBoth edits are lovely. The first warms everything up and gives the shot dimension. And I love the dramatic darkness the b&w makes the background, as well as what it does to the bokeh.
You mentioned constructive criticism...Monica also hosts another link up the 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month called "Critique This!" The next one is this coming Monday. I enjoyed it last time.
Brenda
Great edits! Awesome job! Love that you brightened it but still keep the green dark!
ReplyDeleteboth edits look wonderful deborah....your niece is just precious. oh, i love your new watermark as well!
ReplyDeletehave a great weekend!
~arielle
p.s. congratulations on your son getting married! :)
All of your shots really turned out well. I like the first edit as it adds a simpleness to it. The b/w edit seems to bring out her eyes more. Nice work and thanks for the comment :)
ReplyDeleteBoth edits are beautiful, I love the brightness on both the color and B&W edit. Nice. Thanks for your kind words and visiting June Makes Six.
ReplyDeleteTiffany
I love your edits...the black and white is my fave...it's all contrasty and wonderful and stuff. Thanks so much for stopping by, leaving a lovely comment AND "liking" me ;)
ReplyDeletexoxo
Your edit really brings out her eyes! Very clean and pretty. :)
ReplyDelete