As for my first entry on Black and White Wednesday ... this is a favorite image of mine. While walking along at the fair this past fall, I 'happily' happened upon these two ... an adorable little boy and his beloved grandpa ... each face so full of character, young and old! When I first saw them they were just sitting among the crowds of people, patiently waiting and watching. We talked awhile ... Grandpa was a farmer with years of hard work and sun scorched days visibly etched deep into his face ... and his little grandson, snuggled there on his lap, who completely adored that hard working farmer! They had apparently gotten lost from the rest of their family. I asked if I could take a few photos of them ... not a problem. After a few minutes, when this little boy finally saw his mother coming, he began by pointing at her, telling her in the sternest little voice that he could muster, that she was "never, ever to leave them like that again!" Grandpa looked a bit frustrated with his daughter as well, but eventually he relaxed, and just smiled at that little boy that he so visibly adored! This, I must say, was one moment I was so thankful to have visibly captured! If you'd like to see more black and white images, or to join in on the fun each Wednesday, you can click on the link above, or their 'button' below! Thank you, so much, for stopping by, and have a blessed weekend!
- Deborah




Love this one in B&W and the story that goes with it. Nicely done!
ReplyDeleteThat is a great shot to make into b&w! Wonderfully done!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness. This is so sweet. What a beautiful story. I love that you asked if you could shoot and the Grandpa said yes. Grandparents always make me smile. And so do kids. Perfect work! : )
ReplyDelete