Friday, April 15, 2011

Photography Challenge - Pastel



Pastel Colors ... got to admit, I just love those soft-creamy-light tones!  When I saw this challenge I definitely wanted to join in, so I got to work deciding what to enter.  Since it's close to Easter, you'll find lots of spring colors in all sorts of things out there, and I ran across one of my favorite edibles ... Peanut M&M's, and in pastel colors, no less!  I was so excited to see these, so once I got home, I took a ceramic bowl, snipped open the bag I bought, and dropped them in.  The sun was shining today, so I set them outside for some natural lighting, and this is what I came up with!  I have to say, I'm pretty proud of myself here ... the fact that I refrained from eating the whole bowl before I got finished with my little M&M session, that is!  By the way, I'm still refraining ... oh, but it's hard, and I'm not sure just how much longer I can hold out!

A quick update ... I know it's been a little while since I've posted, and I've missed being here, for sure, but I've had some major computer problems ... they've seemed endless over the past 3 years on my PC, so, I finally had to break down and buy a new one.  This time I've decided to go the way of the 'Mac'.  Totally different from my PC, so for the past couple of weeks I've been familiarizing myself with it.  Definitely challenging, but I really do like it ... a lot!!  I'd love to hear from any former PC users who've also made the switch to a Mac.  I may need to pick a brain, or two, on a couple of things, that is if you wouldn't mind!  Well, back to the subject at hand ... I do hope you hop on over to Simplicity's Pastel Photo Challenge to see more of these pretty-licious pastel colors!  Thank you, Faith, for giving us this fun opportunity!  Just click the button below the photo and join in if you'd like ... you can't go wrong with pastels!  Have a blessed week, everyone!






3 comments:

  1. beautiful picture :) i love pastels as well!

    and woohoo for the mac...you will love it and get used to it quickly. they are great... especially while working with photography!

    blessings,
    arielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Great shot. I love the angle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how beautiful!!! lovely light and focus :) thanks so much for linking up.

    ReplyDelete

Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything. - Aaron Siskind

Please do leave a comment to let me know you were here, and I'll stop in and say hi at your place, as well! I know how precious time is these days, and I really do appreciate your visit! xoxo