Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I Heart Faces Photo Challenge | From A Distance

This past weekend we had some very nice weather, finally!  It was a beautiful day for a photo walk, or a bike ride on our downtown canal.  Thought this image might be an interesting choice for the 'From a Distance' photo challenge this week over at I HEART FACES.  I had to capture this one fast since she was a moving target and I have to say, it's not the best in terms of focus.  I saw her coming on the over side of the canal so I had to set up quick for this one!  I'm learning to shoot more in manual, these days, and I was thankful to get this shot ... she didn't mind at all!  If you'd like to see more 'distant' images, or to enter one of your own, just click HERE and head on over to I Heart Faces.  Hope you all have a blessed week ... drink lots of lemonade and stay cool out there, too!  We're in the 90's for most of this week!  =\





16 comments:

  1. Great perspective! Love it, as usual! Your stuff is always great... inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh, very cool perspective! Such a different entry to all the others, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really good shot! I like everything about it. I was looking at your other photos and you have a nice technique with textures. I am trying to learn to apply those as well, but they seem to come out so stark against my subject. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool photo! I love it. Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this picture! the composition is lovely! one of the reasons i love summer...more opportunities to take pictures outdoors :)

    have a beautiful week!
    ~arielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is so cool!! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This image is AMAZING! Such depth in composition, lines, shadows and light. My favorite by far. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. neat picture, the girl on the bike is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect capture. You just have to come back to this shot for a photo shoot too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deborah, this is an amazing picture! Hope your summer is going well! Blessings to you! - Chanin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all for such encouraging words ... such a blessing to hear from so many! :)

    ReplyDelete

Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything. - Aaron Siskind

Please do leave a comment to let me know you were here, and I'll stop in and say hi at your place, as well! I know how precious time is these days, and I really do appreciate your visit! xoxo