Another Thursday, already! It's hot here, and it just seems the days and weeks are flying by ... melting into yesterdays. Is it me, or do you all feel the same, too? Nevertheless, it's upon us and for this week I wanted to share a photo
'of a photo' of some sweet friends of ours. We were at their house for a picnic and I adored her flair for decorating ... there was a touch of 'Paris' in every room. When I saw this shelf and the photo of the two of them, along with a couple of old books, I couldn't resist. I played around with this image in PSE7, and although I liked it without a texture, I found that using one added so much more. First I tweaked the colors a bit, then added this layer that I got from
Shadow House Creations. Jerry has a nice website there, and some really pretty textures you can download for free. I liked the effect this particular one added. I really enjoy using texture layers to give an image even more character and depth. If you'd like to see what others do with textures, or to share one of your own, hop on over by clicking on the button below!
Have a blessed day!
The virtue of the camera is not the power it has
to transform the photographer into an artist,
but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking.
~ Brooks Anderson ~
I like what you have done here, lovely image. I used one of Shadowhouse Creations textures too.
ReplyDeleteTerrific texture work... lovely!!! :)
ReplyDeletePerfect photo for textures! lovely!
ReplyDeletewow! very cool edit. Old and new at once.
ReplyDeleteGreat edit and use of texture is perfect!
ReplyDeleteBeautifully Textured!
ReplyDeleteVery nicely done -- I like Jerry's textures too.
ReplyDeleteOld books make such nice subjects -- love what you've done with this image. Give such a warm, friendly feel to it.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your thoughtful comment and following along on A Rural Journal. Following you now too! :)
Have a great weekend.
This is very cool. She definitely has good taste. Nice shot!
ReplyDeleteLovely shot, the distance shot for I heart faces is fabulous!
ReplyDeleteTiffany
I love it. Gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteGreat job, I specially love the books (but I love everything old, they have so much more character).
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend
Deborah, thank you so much for you sweet comment about my photo on I Heart Faces. I was truly honored to have been chosen as a favorite! I also wanted to tell you I loved your entry and I especially love this beautiful textured photo. I am just getting into textures and such and LOVE it! Your photography is awesome!
ReplyDelete