Monday, December 12, 2011

I Heart Faces Weekly Photo Challenge | Furry Faces



It's that time again .... iheartfaces weekly challenge!

The entries are all about the 'furry faces' of our four-legged friends!

I'm going to share one of our dear and sweet cat, affectionately known as, Mr. Mooshie.  This guy has been with us going on 9 years now, and is definitely one of the family.  We found him at the local PetSmart, and fell in love when he was a young 'pup'.  He has a very thick, full gray coat, perky ears, and very large eyes that seem to change color with his every mood.  When we first found him, we put him on our son's shoulders, and he did not want to get off ... he was hopelessly attached!  Needless to say, he found a home in our hearts and we knew that he would be going home with us that very moment! 

He's grown comfortable with our moods and mannerisms over the years, as we have with his.  He knows when we need a 'hug' for comfort, or a happy 'hop' when we need a smile!  If only I could share that picture with you! 

I do believe he's got some 'rabbit' in his blood! Lol!

Sometime ago, 'the Moosh' humbly accepted our second 'adoptee' ... a sweet little stray kitten we discovered on our porch one sunny, October day in '08.  He saw her first, and of course, curiosity got the better of him, so they got to know one another nose-to-nose, through the crack in the door.  Thankfully, there was no hissing, fluffed tails, or bad attitudes, so when the days grew too cold for her, I knew it was time to bring this new little one in ... oh, she'd known it all along, but just waited patiently for us to realize that she belonged here, too!  I would have shared a photo of them together, but, alas, she is quite camera shy!  They get along well, but there are those days when they don't always see eye-to-eye ... still, she knows who's boss around this ranch!  She's known in these parts as Miss Pookie, aka: Pooksie.  Oh yes, those funny, quirky names we give our four-legged 'furry faces'!  They are dear to us, and to one another ... they never cease to bring us joy each and every day!

To see more darling images, or to share one of your own, click above, or below under the iheartfaces logo.  Hope you all have a blessed week!


4 comments:

  1. beautiful image - love the light - he looks SO soft :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice shot, love the color matching the eyes. Thanks btw for your comment on louissnapped on Kelzie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the background with his eyes- he is a handsome guy!

    ReplyDelete

Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything. - Aaron Siskind

Please do leave a comment to let me know you were here, and I'll stop in and say hi at your place, as well! I know how precious time is these days, and I really do appreciate your visit! xoxo